This is my favourite cake recipe ever, mainly because they just look so cute!
For the ingredients you will need:
- 110g butter or margarine, softened at room temperature
- 110g caster sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1tbsp vanilla extract
- 110g self raising flour
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- Flat bottomed ice cream cones
For the buttercream icing:
- 140g butter, softened
- 280g icing sugar
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- a few drops of pink food colouring (or any colour of your choice)
- wafer or flakes
- a piping bag for icing
Here is how I made them:
- First I turned on the oven for it to warm up, I put it on 180C/350F/Gas 4
- I put the butter and sugar into a bowl and began to mix them together, this can be done with a normal or electric whisk. When the mixture turned pale I beat the eggs in one at a time and then added vanilla extract.
- After that I added the flour into the mixture and mixed it in. I added a little milk until the mixture was a little runnier.
- Then when the mixture was ready I began to scoop the mixture into the ice cream cones till they were about 3/4 full to prevent the cake from overlapping. I then put them in the oven to bake for 15 minutes.
How I made the buttercream icing:
- I beat the butter in a mixing bowl until the butter was soft. Then I added half of the icing sugar and beat until the mixture was smooth.
- I then added the remaining icing sugar with one tbsp of milk, and stirred until the mixture turned smooth.
- After this I added the food colouring and mixed until the colour was even.
When The cakes came out of the oven I left them to cool down and then carefully added the buttercream icing and made it look like ice cream! I then added sprinkles and a cute little wafer to add to the effect!
I hope you liked this recipe!
Bye for now,